POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
REPORTING TO: Executive Directors of Arts Finance Cohort
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
THE COMPANY: Arts Finance Cohort (AFC) – a group of five Pittsburgh-based arts organizations
The AFC is a group of five Pittsburgh-based arts organizations that have come together to hire a shared CFO. The AFC’s goal is to provide a high level of strategic and financial expertise to its members and develop a sustainable model of collaboration that brings increased financial sophistication to mid-sized arts organizations in Pittsburgh. The AFC members include: New Hazlett Theater (NHT), Pittsburgh Glass Center (PGC), PICT Classic Theatre (PICT), Society for Contemporary Craft (SCC) and Union Project (UP.)
The Chief Financial Officer is a full-time exempt employee of Society for Contemporary Craft (SCC) and reports directly to the Executive Directors of each participating organization in accordance with the Agreement of Mutual Understanding. The CFO provides high-level financials/operations support, as well as assistance with specific projects, problems and tasks. Work will be confidential in nature and a confidentiality agreement will be required.
• Ten or more years’ experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, with proven ability in accounting, internal controls, budgeting and financial reporting. Successful experience working with multiple clients in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments is essential.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with demonstrated leadership experience working in a nonprofit organization either professionally or as part of a personal commitment.
• Exceptional interpersonal and analytic skills, strong project management, relationship building, and excellent oral/written communication skills required.
• Proficiency with computer systems/networks; experience with automated accounting packages, financial databases and familiarity with spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree in business, arts management or nonprofit management preferred.
• CPA license is desired, but not required.
The AFC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
For further information contact:
Dave Christopher, Gary Claus or Sarah Wertheimer
The Jade Group, LLC
300 Mt. Lebanon Blvd., Suite 220
Pittsburgh, PA 15234